Thursday, August 27, 2015

Goal: Make up and use a rule to create a sequential pattern

Goal: Make up and use a rule to create a sequential pattern

Here is the question
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16ReTTbtfhXveRiZV7AwJhwkkJwHR89TQ8uXb8QVm0go/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=10000&slide=id.ga3853d59a_0_62 


Freda starts at 30 and Fred starts at 1 

Freda can only jump every 2 so I counted in twos on a number line starting from 30 to 100

Fred can only jump every 3 so I counted in threes on a number line starting from 1 to 100

It took 33 jumps for Fred and 35 for Freda to get to 100
so Fred wins because he got there before Freda.


For my SOLO level I think I am at Extended abstract because I checked my answer and see if it made sense and checked if me and someone else that we got the same answer.

My next step in maths is Generalise the properties of addition and subtraction with whole numbers.



No comments:

Post a Comment